Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Niat

'sebelum kita teruskan dgn pengisian hari ni, mari sama2 kita perbetulkan niat kenapa kita berada di sini Lillahi Ta'ala' *rolling eyes* do you all still remember those moments at the very beginning of each usrah, or daurah, or katibah, or simple sharing? have you ever wonder why people keep on saying that? (to be honest, I used to. alhamdulillah Allah made me wonder no more :) )

when you really ponder on that, then only you will know the big meaning behind it. before I share anything about that, here a short story (very very short) for us :)

remember how Saidina Umar always always refresh his niat with his every step? the end (told ya it is a short story)

why is that? why the need of refreshing your niat every moment? BECAUSE our qalb is never still, whatever within it is easily changed. had experience one moment you want to eat banana, the next you settle for a big bucket of ice cream? with everything happening around us, our qalb can be flipped back and forth upon anything! thus it is a NEED to always recheck our niat.

honestly, it is very hard to make a firm niat Lillahi Taa'a, agree? what i mean by that is, our intention easily deviated from that ULTIMATE AIM - ALLAH. maybe your niat is not totally against that. for example I want to drive my sister to school. my niat that time could be to help my parents, or to ease my sister's journey, or to spend my free time with something better, who knows. to quote a friend 'semua niat tuh, niat second class'. don't forget our uttermost PURPOSE of creation, for HIM :)

Imam Nawawi placed hadith regarding niat as the first hadith in the book. everything BEGIN with niat. it is a total lost if we do anything not because of Him. He wants to reward us with our doing, but we neglect that opportunity by forgetting that most important part - NIAT. if at the very beginning, our intention is already messed up, the rest wont be a smooth sailing. until and unless you have a correct map, you will be totally lost in the sea. and every now and then, check and recheck your map so that you know you are heading to the right direction.

in whatever we do, be it just a shower, or putting on our hijab, or our daily sleep, Lillahi Taa'la. we lose nothing, and gain a lot insyaAllah. 

alhamdulillah for His tarbiyah. and this post is mostly to remind myself :) when my niat was deviated, He withheld what i want so that I recheck and reflect my truly intention. Allahuakbar. Allah, guide me to stay in this right path, and please protect me from syaitan's distraction.

Lets place our niat toward Allah!



No comments: